From: "Elizabeth Perkes" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: XMetaL Configuration Problem: Page Preview

We have 2.1 and it works just fine with Page Preview. I don't know why our
situation would be any different than anybody else's, but if you want a copy
of the macro and stylesheet we use, I'd be happy to provide.

Elizabeth Perkes
Utah State Archives
801-538-3198

We had the same problem ourselves when we upgraded XMetaL 2.0 to 2.1.
After an afternoon of tinkering with various microsoft patches and
e-mailing Michael Fox, I ended up uninstalling everything and just
re-installing the program as 2.0.  The page preview feature works fine in
2.0.

If a new 2.1 macro file is not added to the cookbook, it might not be a
bad idea to add a line warning XMetaL 2.1 users that the page preview
macros might not function correctly with the macros provided.

Douglas August Bicknese
Visiting Archivist/Resident Librarian
Special Collections
University Library