Hi Carl...

Priscilla Caplan asked me a question that I couldn't answer last
Friday.  "What is the relationship between NISO's work on Technical
Metadata for Digital Still Images and METS?"

Are your combined allfilesMD and imageMD extension schemas "compliant" with
the data dictionary for technical metadata for still images created by
NISO?   It seems there may be an opportunity here to work together, as NISO
does not yet have an encoding scheme proposed for image technical metadata.

Thanks, Bernie

http://www.niso.org/commitau.html

Bernie Hurley
Director of Library Technologies

The UC Berkeley Library                  [log in to unmask]
Rm. 245, Doe Library - 6000              Voice:   (510) 642-3773
Berkeley, CA  94720-6000                  Fax:      (510) 642-8179