Thank you, Jerry, for the prod for comments on the question of whether
METS ought or ought not have a processMD.  My only elaboration on your
summary is to clarify our sourceMD does not contain "descriptive
metadata" in the conventional bibliographic sense, although you could
think of it in terms of a much expanded MARC 300 field.

The processMD slot, of course, is a place to record what we did to get
from the source to the file we have before us now.

Thanks for the continuing effort!  Carl/Morgan/Dick/Neil

- - - - - -
Here are some of the attributes we have in sourceMD, just to give the
flavor:
CONDITION
DIMENSIONS
DISPOSITION