Colleagues,
        I'd like to know how others are dealing with in-process records
found in the LC database.  Do you just put your book aside and wait?  Do you
have a time limit before cataloging an item yourself?  What's a reasonable
period of time to wait before doing it yourself?  I have in hand a work by a
15th century Sicilian and written in the Sicilian dialect.  It would be easy
to go ahead and finish it off myself; it's been in process at LC since
April.  Note to LC folks: Do you routinely search again for copy before
completing an in-process record?
        Marty Joachim
        Indiana University Libraries