Marty--

When we encounter an LC in-process record that appears to be
languishing, we have two possible outcomes available to us.
    1) If we do not have the in-house expertise to complete the record,
I contact our LC liaison and ask if it might be possible to move the
title along.
    2) If we *can* finish it off, we do.  I then send an email to our LC
liaison stating that we have completed LCCN 99-xxxxxxx  and that it is
now available in OCLC if they wish to import it into their system.

    I recognize that this last step is merely a courtesy, but I figure
if they, on occasion, will speed something along, I can repay the
kindness by letting them know that I've done the same.

    RCA