Hi Chris,

With a few tweaks the DTD seems to work with XML. You might reverse
engineer an XML schema from a rich instance of EAD if that is not what you
want - IIRC XML Spy will actually create schema from documents that do not
declare one.

Chatham Ewing
Curator of Manuscripts/Modern Literature
Washington University
Campus Box 1061                 Phone:  (314)935-5413
One Brookings Drive             Fax:    (314)935-4045
St. Louis, MO   63130-4899      e-mail: [log in to unmask]