> Also, I am interested in reading some guidelines for modifying style
> sheets.  The information I have located so far is quite sophisticated,
> geared toward people who already understand XSL and the like.  Is there
> anything available that goes beyond the basic guidelines in the EAD
> Cookbook--but not too far beyond?

Hello Amy,
Some modifications to stylesheets are very easy indeed. But eventually you will have to understand in some
detail XSLT and XPath. A gentle introduction can be found at:
        http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/chapters/ch17.html
There are loads of other tutorials on the web. As well, there are an increasing number of books appearing
that deal with XSLT. `XSLT: A Programmer's Reference' by Michael Kay (creator of Saxon) is probably the most
comprehensive but may be heavy-going for non-programmers. `XSLT Quickly' by Bob DuCharme is a more
task-oriented book.
Hope this helps.
---LwM---
Lawrence Mielniczuk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service
Room 314
Bodleian Library
Oxford OX1 3BG
Tel: (01865) 277 114