A basic question about the role of style sheets in the presentation of
finding aids:

In a finding aid where a regularly occuring element will always be
presented a certain way, what is the best approach?  For instance, if I
want the <unittitle> in a <c02> to always appear in bold, should I
designate this in the template or with a stylesheet?

Also, I am interested in reading some guidelines for modifying style
sheets.  The information I have located so far is quite sophisticated,
geared toward people who already understand XSL and the like.  Is there
anything available that goes beyond the basic guidelines in the EAD
Cookbook--but not too far beyond?

Amy McCrory
Project Archivist
Cartoon Research Library