Hello, Clara:

The National Library of Medicine is open to the public. Our hours are below, and also on our web site at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ginfo.html
Directions to the Library, as well as hours, policies and much more are also on this site.
Library Hours
Public Reading Room Hours:
Hours (Main Reading Room): Labor Day to Memorial Day
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M.
Thursday: 8:30 A.M. -- 9:00 P.M. (Reference assistance is available until 8:00 P.M.)
Saturday: 8:30 A.M. -- 12:30 P.M.
Sunday -- Closed
The last request is sent to the closed stacks one hour before closing.
Hours (Main Reading Room): Memorial Day to Labor Day
Monday - Friday: 8:30 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M.
Saturday: 8:30 A.M. -- 12:30 P.M.
Sunday -- Closed
Hours (History of Medicine Reading Room):
Monday -- Friday: 8:30 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M.
The Library is closed for Federal holidays and the Saturday preceding a Monday holiday.

We have closed stacks because we are a preservation library as well as a national library.
Our catalog is online (called LocatorPlus) which can be reached from our home page at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/nlmhome.html

Martha Glock, Reference Librarian
Reference Section, Public Services Division
National Library of Medicine

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/04/01 10:42AM >>>
I have been asked to review our public access policy. What is your policy/procedure for allowing the public to use your library?

Thanks

Clara M. Smith
Library Director
U.S. Department of Transportation Library
(202) 366-0752