I'm still trying to figure out how to tell what database my query is for.
The problem may be in my toolkit, but I've got to ask this question again.

When a SOAP request is received, a special SOAP servlet processes the
message.  It looks at the ID for the message, looks that ID up in a table
and determines the Java class that contains the method that should process
the message.  It then pulls the parameters for the method out of the
message.  It then creates an instance of the Java class and calls the method
(searchRetrieve in our case) with the parameters.

Nowhere in there does searchRetrieve have access to the URL that contained
the message.  That URL somehow encoded the database to be searched.  That
means that my searchRetrieve method does not know what database it should be
searching.

How do we get around this problem without exposing the database name as a
parameter to searchRetrieve.

Thanks!

Ralph