Most publications acquisitions are centralized through the library (i.e. me, I am a solo librarian); the actual purchases are made through our procurement office.  I gradually centralized the process to eliminate multiple subscriptions (with their multiple terms and account numbers) and to be able to track receipt of issues and books.  However, the purchases are charged to the budgets of the separate offices, and the requisitions I fill out are signed off on by the office directors so that they can also be aware of and control what their offices subscribe to or purchase.  Many items are kept in the library.  I also make a lot of collection development recommendations. Database fees are charged to the budget of the office which primarily uses the database.

Jeanne Trahan Faubell, Librarian
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
1250 H Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
(202)942-1695
FAX:  (202)942-1676
email:  [log in to unmask]
These opinions are solely those of the author and do not reflect those of the FRTIB or the federal government, generally.