Dear Susan,
I had heard that you were retiring but thought that maybe if I ignored it you would still be there when I came to the library or to a conference.  Silly of me, but I guess we are all creatures of habit and you have been such a big part of the American Memory project.  Thanks for all you have done for education and for me personally.  The opportunity you gave me to speak at the library tribute was a high point for me and one I won't forget.  Enjoy your retirement - knowing you I am sure it will be fulfilling and worthwhile.  I hope that our paths may still cross.
God bless,
Laura

Laura Wakefield, NBCT
History Teacher