RE: Irradiation of the mail: damage to journal issues

We automated about 2 years ago.  We limited our competition to vendors on the GSA schedule and selected SIRSI.  If you have questions, please call me at 202-401-6563.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gloria Thomas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Irradiation of the mail: damage to journal issues

Fellow Federal Librarians -

My federal library is in the beginning phases of automating.  We have a committee and lots of questions.  Who out there has automated in the past five years?  Which system was selected and why?  Does someone have words of wisdom about the contractor statement of work for this process?  I want to benefit from your positive experiences and be guided by pitfalls that arose after you got started.

Please feel free to share your information with me.  I will provide feedback as the process unfolds.

Gloria Thomas
Librarian
FCC Library
202-418-0450