Bob Schloss ([log in to unmask]) asked me to post this message to the
METS list.
Morgan Cundiff

To METS Schema Developers:

      I picked up the mets.xsd from your web site and ran it through a
tool
that I have been working on, IBM XML Schema Quality Checker
(available for download from http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xmlsqc ).

      It flagged one error:
Line 821
Ambiguous content model :
 the following particles overlap :
<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="binData" type
="xsd:base64Binary"></xsd:element> ,
<xsd:any maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" namespace="##any"/> .

      and it issued one warning:
Line 836
[enumeration value] VRA appears more than once

            Regards,
            Bob Schloss

            IBM Watson Research Center
            Yorktown Heights, New York, USA

P.S. I am not subscribed to the [log in to unmask] mailing list.
Please send direct e-mail to me if necessary.