From: Amy McCrory [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: XSLT question

A question about style sheet instructions.

Our systems people have asked me about "select" as an attribute for
<xsl:call-template>. They say it is not supported in Saxon or Xalan--which
error out when they see it-- but XT appears to have no problem with
it.  They also say they don't see any mention of using select in
call-template in the XSLT 1.0 recommendation or the 2.0 draft.  They are
wondering if this use of select is unique to EAD, and whether anyone else
has experienced problems with it.

I told them this subject is way beyond my comprehension, and that I would
send it to the EAD list.  Does anyone have anything to offer on this
subject--agreement, disagreement, or simply comment?

With thanks

Amy McCrory
Project Archivist
Cartoon Research Library