From: Kraft, Ned [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 1:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Acquisitions

We would like to know if any federal libraries are using the procurement
system of their parent organization (rather than a library acquisition
system) for ordering books and subscriptions.  And if you are, can you give
us a quick assessment of the relative advantages and disadvantages.  Also,
if you've developed some sort of in-between approach -- a direct interface
between the parent procurement system and the integrated library system --
we'd appreciate hearing about that as well.

Ned Kraft
Ralph J. Bunche Library
US Department of State

Phone: 202-647-2739