Hiya all.

I'm trying to compile the wsdl with some limited joy... I've managed to
get things compiled, but only after hacking around quite a lot with the
array encoding. What would really help me at the moment would be a list
of references people used when writing their wsdl? I've tried to use
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl as an authoritative reference, but the
definition of the "records" type I come up with looks quite different to
the one found in zng-p1.wsdl and slightly different to the one I saved
by accessing http://z3950.simdb.com:6745/z3950.simdb.com/MODS (Thanks
btw, Alan, It's been invaluable to have something to point at). Anyone
have any ideas why the only array defition I can get to work is of the
form:

<complexType name="ArrayOfFloat">
  <complexContent>
    <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
      <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:float[]"/>
    </restriction>
  </complexContent>
</complexType>

?

My wsdl compiler also chokes on many of the xsd:annotation tags
appearing under wsdl namespace tags such as message and PortType (Not a
problem, since I simply removed them and everything compiles fine). From
my reading of the WSDL schema definition, the compiler is correct to
reject these tags, since they are a part of the XSD namespace and not
WSDL.... Is that right?

Cheers,
Ian.

P.S. I'm trying to use the wsdl compiler from the axis project at
xml.apache.org...

--
Ian Ibbotson ([log in to unmask])
Knowledge Integration Ltd