"LeVan,Ralph" wrote:

> The problem with the current proposal is that it isn't amenable to Explain.
> You are using out-of-band agreements for your extensibility.  You can't
> Explain out-of-band.  If you want clients to know what kinds of information
> you can return in a response, then you'd best publicize that in the list of
> responseSchemas that you support.

I've lost track of the flow and I'm not sure what this responds to, in other
words, what is the "current proposal" that "isn't ameable to Explain"?

But I don't see a problem with Explain. We decided that Explain is just another
Record Schema, not a response schema (a critical distinction). And we also
decided that when a client wants the Explain record, it will omit the query in
the request.

--Ray