There are a host of advantages over using the library system versus the
agency system, not all of them tangible.  I'd be happy to discuss them with
you.  DSN 458-0627.

                      Library
                      <[log in to unmask]>        To:    [log in to unmask]
                                               cc:
                      Sent by: "FEDLIB:        Subject:  Re: Acquisitions
                      Federal Librarians
                      Discussion List"

                      02/28/02 04:10 PM

                      Please respond to
                      "FEDLIB: Federal
                      Librarians Discussion
                      List"

Ned--

We've always used the agency procurement system.  The RRB has been using
AMIS' FFS (Federal Financial System) since the mid-80's.  It helps that
we're a small agency and can ask for special handling from procurement when
needed.

Our collection is primarily law. We order very few monographs.  Your
library
is so much larger and diverse than ours that I'm not sure our positive
experience has any relevance to your situation.

-Kay Collins, Head Librarian, US Railroad Retirement Board, Chicago
(312.751.4927)