The following invitation has been passed along by Maxine Brown at the US
Patent and Trademark Office Scientific & Technical Information Center.
The public is welcome.   -Susan

Director Rogan sent us a message today that includes in it an
announcement
about an exhibit at the Dept. of Commerce on Homeland Patents:

Dear Colleagues:
On Monday, March 18, I (Mr. Rogan) will host another important event
that
highlights the role of the USPTO in advancing technology. On that day
from
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Department of Commerce Lobby we will hold a
Homeland Security Inventors Expo. Nine inventors who recently received
patents will be on hand to demonstrate their inventions. The
inventions
represent some of the latest technological advances designed to protect
all
of us from biological and other forms of terrorism. The Homeland
Security
Inventors Expo will be open to the press and public throughout the
day.
During the program that precedes the event, we will be recognizing the
patent examiners who examined the patents. If scheduling permits,
Secretary
Evans and other members of the Bush Administration will join us.

Susan M. Tarr, Executive Director
Federal Library and Information Center Committee
The Library of Congress
Washington, DC  20540-4935
Tel. 202-707-4800/01  Fax 202-707-4818
Email:  [log in to unmask]