Dear JAC members and observers,

The submission below has been received. I have sent a response to the
submitter requesting slightly better documentation for the documents. I have
also asked about status in school, official "academy" or committee, and
status and use in Germany.

I think that we can assume that the 50 volume requirement will be met.
However, I shall circulate any extra information that I receive.

Limburgish is a "Low Saxon - Low Franconian" language (to use Ethnologue
classification). The language is not found as an individual language in
Ethnologue. It is clearly a complicated issue to draw linguistic boundaries
in this very complex landscape, taking both linguistic and political issues
into consideration.

Linguasphere has the following items:
52-ACB-al = "Westplatt" (52 = "Germanic", 52-ACB = "Deutsch+Nederlands").
52-ACB-ala = "Limburgesch-W"
52-ACB-alb = "Limburgesch-C"
52-ACB-alc = "Limburgesch-S"
52-ACB-ald = "Limburgesch-E"
52-ACB-ale = "Bergisch" (being east of the ones above, "centre" around
Dusseldorf)

The proposed alpha-2 identifier "lb" is in use (Luxemburgish). However, my
opinion is that we don't need to worry about alpha-2 identifier. This is a
candidate for alpha-3, but not for alpha-2 in my opinion.

Any discussion?

Best regards,
Havard

Havard Hjulstad    mailto:[log in to unmask]
  Solfallsveien 31
  NO-1430  As, Norway
  tel: +47-64944233  &  +47-64963684
  mob: +47-90145563