"Houghton,Andrew" wrote:

> A better
> approach might be to work with the existing DC community to the
> benefit of both.  Your argument here to justify MODS, seems odd
> to me.

> I feel that with a little more thought you could have a more
> extensible metadata standard that would serve many more diverse
> metadata communities.

I'm genuinely perplexed by the MODS/DC discussion. I thought that Rebecca's
explanation was rather compelling and I have little to add.  I do think that
the respective purposes of MODS and DC are so different that it's  futile to
try to align the two.  The MODS philosophy explicitly avoids the one-fits-all
approach of DC.  In fact my guess is that not even the strongest DC
proponents would suggest aligning the two.

--Ray