Jerome McDonough wrote:

> I'd say MODS should stick to defining
> a single record format.  If you need to have a file containing
> multiple MODS records, it's easy enough to enable that using MODS
> as part of a more encompassing schema.

This was pretty much our thinking. We certainly discussed the question of
recordSet, and often; Morgan and others have been insistent that we need it.
However (and this was my insistence) we also need to have a clearly
distinguished MODS record, that is, distinguished from a set of records.
Otherwise, searching would be next to meaningless.  After much discussion on
this we put off the recordSet definition, and we'll likely define an
"encompassing" schema subsequently.

--Ray.