The URL for FEDLINK Spring Membership and OCLC Users Group Meetings announced in Friday's announcement was incorrect!  Please use the following URL to watch the cybercast on May 9:  http://www.loc.gov/flicc/cybercast/may.html.  (This URL has been corrected in the text of announcement below as well.)

Please excuse any inconvenience this may have caused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLICC/FEDLINK is pleased to announce the first cybercast of its Spring Membership and OCLC Users Group Meetings.  (For program details, please see the online meeting announcements:  http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/ma/2002/ma0217.html - Membership Meeting; http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/ma/2002/ma0218.html - OCLC Users Group Meeting.)

On Thursday, May 9 at 9:00 a.m., point your browser to http://www.loc.gov/flicc/cybercast/may.html and watch the proceedings.  (This URL will not be available until the morning of the 9th.)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VIEWING THE CYBERCAST AND TESTING YOUR SYSTEM

The minimum requirements for the cybercast are an Internet connection and browser.  To view the cybercast, you will need at least RealPlayer 8 or the latest version of Real One to view the cybercast.  The newer version is still free and available via the real.com Web site.  For more information visit
http://www.real.com/.

In preparation for the FLICC Forum Cybercast, TEST YOUR SYSTEMS VIEWING OPTIONS.  To do so, try to view any of the videos already available on the FLICC Website's Online Educational Video Library (
http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/vidlib.html).  If you can view these videos, you will be able to view the cybercast.

The cybercast will use executable files that may cause conflicts and internal errors with your local firewalls. If your system limits your Internet use, you may have difficulty accessing the broadcast.  Please contact your IT/automation professionals for assistance with any local restrictions or firewalls.

We will update the cybercast Web page if we experience any broadcast problems.  If you tested your system successfully and have technical difficulties receiving the cybercast on the day of the event, please call (202) 707-4800 and ask for a cybercast technician.

We hope you can join us for this premier cybercast!