I have no problem with a DC index set.  I have little problem with the
recommendation that all SRW servers support the DC index set.  I guess I
could even live with it being mandatory.  (OAI mandates that all records be
returnable in DC.  So do we.)  I will resist a move to make DC be the
default Index Set when the user provides no prefix.

But, I'm in a compromising mood.  How about a new optional SRU parameter to
specify the user's default IndexSet?  Then the fixed part of the URL could
say DefaultIndexSet=dc and the user could say title=dog.  This parameter is
not needed in SRW because the client software could stick the prefix on
itself.

Ralph