Howdy,

A long time ago at a METS meeting far, far away, I volunteered to try to come
up with an extension schema for technical metadata for text that would
incorporate
some of the ideas from both the original MOA2 project and LC's text technical
metadata.  I've finished a first pass at this, and would like some
comments/feedback.
You can find the schema at:

         http://dlib.nyu.edu/METS/textmd.xsd

and documentation for the schema at:

         http://dlib.nyu.edu/METS/textmd.htm

In particular, I'd be interested in knowing if people are trying to capture
technical
metadata regarding text that does not fit in the elements provided, and whether
the choices made for enumeration of languages and character sets seem like
good ones.

Jerome McDonough
Digital Library Development Team Leader
Elmer Bobst Library, New York University
70 Washington Square South, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10012
(212) 998-2425