Hello

At the National Library of Wales we're just about to start using METS
and we've come across somethings we just can't figure out so perhaps the
list can help us.

1. We're creating a digital object from a book page by page, but in some
instances both pages are needed to make sense of a table which is spread
across both. Would you use the <par> element to indicate this, and then
how would the tagging work with the <div>?

2. With the same book, the pages are viewed as "portrait" but sometimes
the tables should be viewd as landscape in order to read them, how would
you indicate this in METS?

Thanks

Lyn

--
Lyn Lewis Dafis
Curadur Cynorthwyol/Assistant Curator
Isadran digidio ac oldrosi / Digitisation and retroconversion section
LLYFRGELL GENEDLAETHOL CYMRU
THE NATIONAL LIBRARY OF WALES
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Llinell uniongyrchol:01970 632825
Ffn y Llyfrgell: 01970 632816
Ffacs y Llyfrgell: 01970 615709
Gwefan: http://www.llgc.org.uk
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fy marn i yw hyn ac nid barn y Llyfrgell Genedlaethol.
This is my opinion and not that of the National Library.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BRAINT POB GWYBODAETH
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mae'r Llyfrgell yn cadw gwybodaeth bersonol at bwrpasau gweinyddol. Ni
ddatgelir y manylion i unrhyw sefydliad anawdurdodedig, ac fe'u cedwir
am gyfnod rhesymol o amser. Am fwy o fanylion, cysylltwch 'r Swyddog
Gwarchod Data yn y cyfeiriad uchod, neu, gweler gwefan y Llyfrgell,
http://www.llgc.org.uk/gwyb/dpa/index_c.htm

The Library holds personal data for administrative purposes. This
information will not be disclosed to any unauthorised organisation, and
will be retained for a reasonable period of time.  For further
information, please visit the Library's website at
http://www.llgc.org.uk/gwyb/dpa/index_s.htm or contact the Data
Protection Officer at the above address.