> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:19:14 +0100
> From: Matthew Dovey <[log in to unmask]>
>
> If there is strong feeling to start re-introducing Z39.50 machinery
> such as client named result sets with delete operations etc. I would
> suggest that those who need that sort of thing should opt for my
> parallel ZiNG suggestion of wrapping XER in SOAP.

... or indeed, for Z39.50 -- a rather nice IR protocol.

It's never been easier than it is today to build Z39.50 clients in C,
C++, Perl, Java, Tcl, Visual Basic or indeed shell-level commands --
see
        http://zoom.z3950.org/bind/index.html

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor   <[log in to unmask]>   www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "I think it should either be unrestricted garnishing, or a
         single Olympic standard mayonaisse" -- Monty Python.