> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:46:51 -0400
> From: Ray Denenberg <[log in to unmask]>
>
> > Or even ask for no records from the result set!
>
> I do think though that if we're going to use this technique as a
> ping then we should articulate that.  A request where the cql string
> is just a result set, and where no records are requested could be
> interpreted as a request to re-execute the query.

Could it?  Really?  Surely not!

If the client wants the server to re-execute the search, then it
should re-send the query.  Referring to an existing result set _must_
mean that the client want to ... refer to the existing result set!

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor   <[log in to unmask]>   www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  It's hard not to suspect that SOAP was thought up late one
         Friday night after a few too many beers.