I'm using XSL to perform searches in a large EAD document in which there
are often multiple <persname> tags inside each <unittitle>.

Using the following syntax I can find each occurrence of the given name as
in which the search name occurs second or third. Can anyone shed light on
this? Here's the XSL:

<xsl:for-each select="did">
         <xsl:if test="contains(string(./unittitle/persname) , $SearchName)">
                 <xsl:call-template name="unittitle"/>
         </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

Thanks

Robert Young Walser  - [log in to unmask]
The James Madison Carpenter Project
Office telephone 1-612-374-4364