Network Bulletin  No: 02-21

Date:  July 12, 2002

Subject:    Staff, NLS

Index term:   Travel plan for FY2003
network requests for NLS staff visits

NLS is now planning for travel for next fiscal year:
October 2, 2002-September 30, 2003.  We rely upon your input
in our planning process.  If you would like an NLS staff
member to visit your library for a specific purpose, please
submit your request on the enclosed form, noting the month
and/or specific dates.  If at all possible, please avoid
requesting visits for September and early October.  These
are difficult times for NLS staff to travel because of the
fiscal year transition.

Regular Network Services consultant visits to all regional
libraries are made every two years as funds permit.
Consultant visits can be scheduled in conjunction with local
consumer, volunteer, or professional events; however, we
need to know these dates well in advance.  Generally funds
do not permit us to make consultant visits to subregional
libraries.

NLS representatives are also available for workshops and
special events.  These include consumer advisory committee
meetings, Internet access overview for patrons, volunteer
recognitions, volunteer recording workshops, machine-repair
workshops, Take a Talking Book senior outreach campaign
kickoff events, assistance with MLA inventory procedures,
subregional library meetings, and open houses or
dedications.  We will also consider other events.  Please
provide as much information as possible about the type of
visit desired.  Requests received after   July 29, 2002,
will be considered only as schedules and funds permit.

Please fax the attached Visit Request Form and return by
July 29, 2002, to (202) 707-0712, or email your preferences
to <[log in to unmask]>

For further information please contact:

Carolyn Hoover Sung
Chief, Network Division

Enclosures

Visits Requested in FY2003

Name:

Library/agency:

Please try to schedule the following visit(s) at my agency:*

[   ]   Consumer advisory
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   Internet access overview
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   General volunteer recognition
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   Machine and accessory inventory control
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   Machine repair recognition
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   Machine repair workshop
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]Special events
Specific or approximate dates

or
At NLS convenience

Length of time

[   ]   Other (Please specify.)

In the space marked "Other" above, please give additional
information such as reasons for specific dates or
individuals to help NLS plan.

Please fax this form to (202) 707-0712 or e-mail your
preferences to <[log in to unmask]> by July 29, 2002.