> > Why isn't just returning the records sufficient?  Why the diagnostic?  If
> > the result set has 5 records and they ask for 10, I'm not going to return a
> > diagnostic.  The parameter that the client submitted is named

> I agree, and I had the same question today when trying to write this up, but the
> fact is that my notes clearly indicate someone (and I have "Ralph" annotated)
> said it's an error.

I hate to suggest it, but am going to anyway... what about a diagnostic as
well as the records? As discussed there are fatal and non fatal
conditions, and this strikes me as a good non fatal one.

You asked for 100000 records, but I'm not insane, here's 50 and a
diagnostic to say that 50 is my maximum records retreivable at once.

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
I L L U M I N A T I