> > From: Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
> > You asked for 100000 records, but I'm not insane, here's 50 and a
> > diagnostic to say that 50 is my maximum records retreivable at once.
> What, your client can't figure that out from the fact that it asked
> for 100000 record but only got fifty back?

Of course it can figure that out.  What it couldn't figure out is that
this is because of the maximum number of records.  Perhaps it returned 50
because the rest were unable to be returned in the schema (though this has
surrogate diagnostics) or because they were sorted out with Omit (and this
has a new recordCount). Okay so it could figure these out too :)

Anyway, it's a non issue... it's legal to return any combination of
records and/or diagnostics :)

For people like Ralph who are happy to just accept 100000 every time and
return 50 it works out okay. For people who just want to fail, it works
okay and if you want to return the records and say why you're not giving
the full amount, it works okay.

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
I L L U M I N A T I