> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:26:35 -0400
> From: Ray Denenberg <[log in to unmask]>
>
> > I hesitate to say 'lets support asending/descending, but not case
> > sensitivity or missing value action', only because someone may
> > come along later and want it.
>
> I don't hesitate to say it. Ascending/descending has been cited as a
> requirement; the other two haven't.

OK, I hereby cite case-insensitivity as a requirement.  It's crucial
for sorting union catalogues where the original collections used
different case conventions.  If I look for Kernighan books in a ucat,
I want "Software Tools" sorted next to "SOFTWARE TOOLS".

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor   <[log in to unmask]>   www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  Why do people say that Oasis are the New Beatles, but not
         that the Beatles are the Old Oasis?