How about a client requesting a schema that the server cannot provide? I would expect the following behaviour:

request             available (yes/no)        response
schema a         yes                               schema a
schema a         no                                default schema
not specified    not applicable              default schema

Theo

>>> [log in to unmask] 10-07-02 16:57 >>>
But (a) is not amenable to explain.  It says that the behavior is
unpredictable, learn to like it.  I don't.

Ralph