I'm doing one right now, for the first time!!

I've penciled an outline of my record group titles and series.  Using
XMetal in tandem with Notetab, I'm drafting the thing as I go along. I plan
to fill in the <dsc> first and then go back to fill in the blanks in
<archdesc> once I have the summaries of date, extent, subject headings, etc.

I'd be interested in hearing how other people are doing this too.

Alison Hinderliter -    [log in to unmask]
Project Archivist, Illinois Central Railroad Archives
The Newberry Library
60 W. Walton St.
Chicago, IL  60610-7324
(312) 255-3694