I know I join many in the METS community in saying hello and welcome to
Jinfang Niu.  We also will say to our correspondent that she (he?) is not
alone in ignorance.  We are all trying to determine how to improve our
projects and make the METS standard and our use of the OAIS reference
model as workable as possible.

Those of us in the Library of Congress audio-visual project are flattered
at Jinfang Niu's attention to our element set and extension schemas, which
of course owe a great debt to several colleagues in other institutions.
We would like to say to Jinfang Niu that this is very much a work in
progress.  We expect to make some changes within the next few weeks, and
will post materials on the project web site during Octiber.  The changes
will include the adoption of MODS (http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/) for
our descriptive metadata extension and MIX
(http://www.loc.gov/standards/mix/) for image technical metadata.  In
addition, we have developed a streamlined version of digiprovMD that we
expect to offer for examination and comment at the same time.

Best from Carl Fleischhauer
Library of Congress Audio-Visual Prototyping Project