> I'd weaken the suggestion about using "Word" in the index name to be a good
> practice, but definitely not a requirement.  User interfaces will pick names
> that are useful to their audiences.  Interface designers should have access
> to the Structure attributes to determine if structure is Word or String.

I just don't want to lose the 'free' interoperability that we have with
Z39.50.  If someone defines a dc.titleWord index, but it contains the
titles of MS Word files rather than title keywords I can see a lot of
clients going ballistic as they won't verify the namespace for dc etc.

> By the way, what are we going to do about getting a String structure
> attribute?  And an Adjacency Word List.

Isn't string assumed for indexes not with 'Word' on the end of their name?
And adjacency word list is proximity?

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
I L L U M I N A T I