Hi Susan,
I can only tell you what I know from reading the information on the web site and from talking with folks around here.  This is not official; this is from me.

American Memory is where you can find many of the documents on this list.  However, remember that we don't have more recent materials for a number of reasons (copyright is a big one).  Archives, as the repository for government documents, has recent holdings.

The Library has no official role in this initiative.  The web site lists Archives and National History Day as the primary organizations.  Both of these are wonderful organizations, with dedicated staff members whom we consider to be our colleagues.  We each have a slightly different mission and feel that we complement each other in our work.

As for grants, etc., I think that's a question for the National History Day folks since they are handling the competition.  Here's their contact email address:  [log in to unmask]

Judy