The ISO 639 RA-JAC has received the following proposal for a new entry in
the alpha-3 table:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:07:38 -0400
From: WWW generic account <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New ISO 639-2 code

This data was submitted on: Friday, October 11, 2002 at 14:07:38

lang_in_eng = Dargwa language
lang_in_fre =
ref_where_found_1 =
lang_in_vern =
ref_where_found_2 =
trans_lit =
evidence = Columbia University Libraries (53)
addinfo =
request_addition = ISO 639-2 only
2_code_suggestion =
3_code_suggestion = DRG
submit_name = Susan Summer
submit_email = [log in to unmask]
submit_status = Catalog librarian, Columbia University Libraries

---------- End forwarded message ----------

CURRENT SITUATION:

ISO 639 encoding: cau = Caucasian (other)

Linguasphere: 42-BBB-ba = Dargwa

Ethnologue: DAR = Dargwa. There are some 365.000 speakers in Russia and
neighbouring countries.

COMMENTS:

Should be included. Both the proposed identifier (drg) and the Ethnologue
identifier (dar) are available. I suggest that we choose "dar" to harmonize
with Ethnologue.

Best regards,
Håvard Hjulstad
(acting chairman of ISO 639 RA-JAC)
-------------------------
Håvard Hjulstad    mailto:[log in to unmask]
Chairman ISO/TC37 (Terminology and other language resources)
Chairman ISO/TC207/TCG (Environmental management - Terminology coordination
group)
  Solfallsveien 31
  NO-1430  Ås, Norway
  tel: +47 64963684  &  +47 64944233