I'm trying to generate an xml file by extracting certain chunks from my
main EAD file using the <xsl:output method="xml"> element. For some reason
IE6 always interprets the results as HTML displaying only the text results
of my transformation, not any tags. I tried several sample files from XSL
sites and the same thing happens with them. I can seem to get IE6 to
display xml generated by an xsl stylesheet. Can anyone help?

If it helps, here's my stylesheet, which looks up id values in a non-EAD
file and extracts the <unittitle>s that match those ids from the main EAD
file (carpenter.xml):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="no"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

         <xsl:element name="links">
                 <xsl:for-each select="*/linkgroup">
                         <xsl:element name="linkgroup">
                                 <xsl:for-each select="songtext | notation
| soundrecording | playtext | other">
                                         <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
                                 </xsl:for-each>
                         </xsl:element>
                 </xsl:for-each>
         </xsl:element>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="songtext | notation | playtext | soundrecording | other">
         <xsl:element name="{name()}">
                 <xsl:attribute name="id">
                         <xsl:value-of select="./@id"/>
                 </xsl:attribute>
                 <xsl:variable name="searchid">
                         <xsl:value-of select="./@id"/>
                 </xsl:variable>
                 <xsl:for-each
select="document('../document/carpenter.xml')//*[@id=$searchid]/did/unittitle">
                         <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
                 </xsl:for-each>
         </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks,
Bob Walser

Robert Young Walser  - [log in to unmask]
The James Madison Carpenter Project
Office telephone 1-612-374-4364