Dear Fabienne,

I view <abstract> as a combination of both a general biographical/historical note and a scope/content note.

I have been using the <scopecontent> and <note> tags extensively in my component cataloging, not only to summarize a series' contents, but also to list specific items of interest or to supply additional information that might assist the researcher. In the examples you provide, I would use <scopecontent> in instances 1, 3 & 4.  You could also use if for instance 2 (Le manuscrit est incomplet de la fin...) but I would use <note> instead, since the information is about what is not there, rather than about what is there.  I also use the <note> field as a "see also" reference to another series with similar subject strengths.

I hope that this is helpful, sincerely,
Alison Hinderliter
The Newberry Library, Chicago US