In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:02:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Has anyone tried to buy a good reel to reel recorder with 3 3/4 ips speed?
> They are practically non existent. It is more of a service than a sales
> advertisement. I say keep 'em coming.

I say-- keep them coming as well.  I always learn more from others trying to
work with equipment that I either need or already have in my shop.  I am
currently transferring sound using a professional 1 inch video recorder that
was sold by Sony 23 years ago.  The sound quality is fantastic.  Sharing
ideas about machines, whether for sale are not, is useful