From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 4:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "Commercial" listings

In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:02:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Has anyone tried to buy a good reel to reel recorder with 3 3/4 ips
speed?
They are practically non existent. It is more of a service than a sales
advertisement. I say keep 'em coming.

I say-- keep them coming as well.  I always learn more from others
trying to work with equipment that I either need or already have in my
shop.  I am currently transferring sound using a professional 1 inch
video recorder that was sold by Sony 23 years ago.  The sound quality is
fantastic.  Sharing ideas about machines, whether for sale are not, is
useful