In message <[log in to unmask]> Keld Simonsen wrote
via [log in to unmask]:

> I also agree on this.
> I think you should make a small web site that is a portal to
> the different parts of iso639. Maybe LoC could host it?
> I could also host it, if wanted.

I'd actually like to see Keld Simonsen hosting it: thanks for the
offer, Keld. Considering that Keld maintains the iso639 email list,
(as opposed to the JAC list) and also hosts websites and email lists
for ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 and many other
standards groups that are among the likely largest current and
potential number of users of the whole range of codes in ISO 639-1
and ISO 639-2, and potential users of ISO 639-3 and ISO 639-4 when
they are produced.

He's also in very good contact with IETF and IANA and other similar
standards groups who use the various ISO 639 codes in a big way.

Any further thoughts, anybody?

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes