The first ballot on this item has been completed. The original ballot form
is included below.

The ballot passed unanimously on all points. However, a comments was
submitted relating to the French name, and I invite members to discuss this
briefly before the final result is published. A new ballot will NOT be
circulated unless we get comments.
The inclusion of the identifier "nog" has been approved.

The following comment was submitted:
" Add also the variant "Nogay". This variant is used in "Les langues du
Monde"."

Best regards,
Håvard Hjulstad

* * * * * *

ISO 639 Ballot -- New item: Nogai

Please vote by Friday 2003-01-24.

Please see additional information below the ballot form.

Submitted by (your name, please):

(A) -- Inclusion:
(1)
___  I am in favour of including the individual language "Nogai" in 639-2
(alpha-3 code)
___  I am opposed to including the individual language "Nogai" in 639-2
(alpha-3 code)

(B) -- Identifier:
(Please vote even if you are opposed to the inclusion of the item)
(2)
___  I accept the alpha-3 identifier "nog" for Nogai (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the identifier "nog" -- Comment:

(C) -- Language names:
(3)
___  I accept the English name "Nogai" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the English name "Nogai" -- Comment:

(4)
___  I accept the French name "nogaļ" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the French name "nogaļ" -- Comment:

(5)
___  I accept the indigenous name "nogaj tili" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the indigenous name "nogaj tili" -- Comment:

Other comments:

Background and additional information:

This is based on a proposal submitted on 2002-10-11 and circulated to the
JAC for comments on 2002-10-30. Feedback has been received from Michael
Everson only.

The source of the French name is http://www.eurominority.org/.

The source of the indigenous name is http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/