For the record, in my view, H�vard's suggestion below

> "14 alpha-2 identifiers were approved in 1999 and included
> in ISO 639-1:2002. Regretfully these identifiers have been missing in
> earlier versions of the tables on this web site. They have now been
> included."

seems to fit the bill, and would appear to be sufficient action and
wording. No furthe documentation seems necessary.

John

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes