---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:55:09 +0100
From: infopoint <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [JACVOTE] ISO 639 JAC ballot 4-2003 - Ingush

ISO 639 Ballot -- New item: Ingush

Please vote by Friday 2003-01-24.

Please see additional information below the ballot form.

Submitted by (your name, please): Rebecca Guenther

(A) -- Inclusion:
(1)
_X__  I am in favour of including the individual language "Ingush" in
639-2
(alpha-3 code)
___  I am opposed to including the individual language "Ingush" in 639-2
(alpha-3 code)

(B) -- Identifier:
(Please vote even if you are opposed to the inclusion of the item)
(2)
_X__  I accept the alpha-3 identifier "inh" for Ingush (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the identifier "inh" -- Comment:

(C) -- Language names:
(3)
_X__  I accept the English name "Ingush" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the English name "Ingush" -- Comment:

(4)
_X__  I accept the French name "ingouche" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the French name "ingouche" -- Comment:

(5)
_X__  I accept the indigenous name "ghalghajn" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the indigenous name "ghalghajn" -- Comment:

Other comments:

Background and additional information:

This is based on a proposal submitted on 2002-10-11 and circulated to the
JAC for comments on 2002-10-30.

Please note that the proposed identifier is identical with the Ethnologue
identifier, but that it is NOT based on the indigenous name of the language.
(Potential identifiers like "gha" and "gal" are available.)

The source of the French name is http://www.eurominority.org/.

The source of the indigenous name is http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/