ISO 639 Ballot -- New item: Southern Altai

Please vote by Friday 2003-01-24.

Please see additional information below the ballot form.

Submitted by (your name, please):

(A) -- Inclusion:
(1)
___  I am in favour of including the individual language "Southern Altai" in
639-2 (alpha-3 code)
___  I am opposed to including the individual language "Southern Altai" in
639-2 (alpha-3 code)

(B) -- Identifier:
(Please vote even if you are opposed to the inclusion of the item)
(2)
___  I accept the alpha-3 identifier "alt" for Southern Altai (if to be
included)
___  I do not accept the identifier "alt" -- Comment:

(C) -- Language names:
(3)
___  I accept the English name "Southern Altai" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the English name "Southern Altai" -- Comment:

(4)
___  I accept the French name "altaļ du Sud" (if to be included)
___  I do not accept the French name "altaļ du Sud" -- Comment:

Other comments:

Background and additional information:

This is based on a proposal submitted on 2002-10-11 and circulated to the
JAC for comments on 2002-10-30. No feedback has been received from JAC
members or other experts.

I do not have a good source for the French name, and I have not been able to
find information about an indigenous name. Any information would be of
interest.