At 10:26 PM 2/26/2003 +0000, Richard wrote:

>My money's still on the Content Type setting!

  Indeed! It's explicit in the Mozilla FAQ [1].

1. Why isn't my stylesheet applied?

Make sure the mime type for both source and stylesheet are set to a XML mimetype, namely text/xml or application/xml. The XSLT namespace is http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform. Mime type handling in Mozilla is strict, in contrast to IE. Write some cgi, and you'll love it.

FWIW, Moz's XSLT engine, Transformiix, _seems_ to prefer "file:///path/to/your/xsl" in the stylesheet Processing Instruction, when used in standalone mode.

Personally, I'd still recommend a server-side (or a scheduled batch) transformation though.

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/

regards,

St.

Stephen Yearl
Systems Archivist
Yale University Library::Manuscripts and Archives